The vegan culinary scene in Lisbon is constantly growing and a lot of wonderful projects are given birth around me. In this post I would like to present you some talented raw cake maker:
my colleagues & friends Raquel and Salomé from Hari Bolo.
Guess they were so kind to give me the recipe of their yummy Raw Mango-Basil Cake !;-)
You will be as amazed as me…Do it yourself and start your own vegan raw cake adventure !
Hari Bolo is a naturally sweet desserts project in Lisbon based on love for healthy, tasty and vibrant food that makes people happy and causing no harm to our bodies and our planet.
As Yogis, the wish of Raquel and Salomé for Hari Bolo is to bring the values of Yogic philosophy into the kitchen and to the hearts of those who eat their cakes.
This recipe has a tropical touch, it’s a Raw Mango-Basil Cake to celebrate and welcome the Spring.
Muito Obrigada girls 😉
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 very ripe mangos
- 1 ½ cup of soaked cashews
- juice and zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- a handful of basil
- agave syrup
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Soak cashews overnight, or at least for a minimum of 4 hours in room temperature water. (30 minutes in hot water if you really don’t have the time).
- Line the base of the spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Toast the almonds and let them cool for 5 minutes on a plate.
- Place almonds in the food processor and pulse until it looks like coarse sand. Add the Medjool dates and a pinch of sea salt and pulse to combine, if the mixture is moldable by hand it’s perfect. Scoup the crust mixture into the spring-form pan and press firmly to evenly spread the mixture. Clean the food processor.
- Warm the coconut oil until liquid.
- Place all the mango cream filling ingredients in the food processor and blend on high until very creamy. It will take a good amount of time but it’s totally worth it.
- Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan on top of the crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Clean the food Processor.
- Place the ingredients for the basil cream in the food processor and blend on high until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon the basil cream in a criss cross pattern and marble the cake with the back of a knife, (as shown).
- Place in the freezer until solid, about 4 hours. Take out of the freezer and remove the spring-form pan 30 minutes before serving. Run a sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Store any leftovers in the freezer (if you have any!)
- Vegan & cruelty-free
For more information & orders you can contact/follow Raquel and Salomé :
T: +351 917 715 696 / +351 914 480 102
Photos by João Neves